- This event has passed.
Breastfeeding Mom’s Back to Workshop – August 20, 2018
August 20, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm$100.00
Pump plenty of milk while at work so you can breastfeed as long as you’d like
Most breastfeeding mothers feel confused, overwhelmed, and bewildered at the thought of leaving their baby and returning to work.
The Back to Workshop is a two-part live group experience that will show you exactly what you need to do to become a confident working pumping mama.
Can’t make it live? Take the Back to Workshop online!
At the end of this program you will:
- Know exactly how much milk you need to store in your freezer (and how to collect that milk when your baby is nursing all the time!)
- Understand how your breastfed baby should be bottle fed and how to communicate these instructions to your childcare provider.
- Feel confident in keeping track of your milk supply and how to respond if your supply dips.
- Understand how to nourish and encourage a direct breastfeeding relationship when you and your baby are together.
- Take the necessary steps to avoid burnout and overwhelm.
- Connect with hundreds of other Working Pumping Mamas just like you and combat the isolation, burnout, and overwhelm that can accompany being a working mama.
- Actively involve your partner or support person in the back to work process so you have a teammate!
2 Consecutive Mondays from 10:30 to noon.
You will be a confident breastfeeding mother who doesn’t worry that she will lose her precious breastfeeding relationship to chance.
You will be crystal clear on how to manage all the elements of being a working, pumping mama.
About Katie Madden, RN, BSN, IBCLC
I’m Katie Madden RN, BSN, IBCLC, Director of Lactation at The Birth Center, & founder of BalancedBreastfeeding.com
I teach new mothers to breastfeed with confidence so they can enjoy their nursing relationship without pain, exhaustion, or fear.
I have over ten years of experience helping women learn to be mothers through breastfeeding. It is my passion and my gift. I have a knack for making breastfeeding work and building a mother’s confidence.
I believe that breastfeeding is about balance. There is no one right or wrong way to breastfeed your baby. It is my job to help you meet your breastfeeding goals.
I have the privilege of providing private in-person consultations at The Birth Center in Wilmington, Delaware, where I also teach breastfeeding classes and lead a number of free breastfeeding support groups throughout the month. I was born and raised in Maryland but currently reside with my husband and 11-year-old daughter in Pennsylvania.
I was given the gift of breastfeeding my daughter Lucy for almost three years. This experience changed how I care for women and how I care for myself. It was life altering and powerful; everyone should have the opportunity to experience it. Read more about my personal journey.
Balanced Breastfeeding was born out of my desire to reach more women all over the world. The Internet is an overwhelming and often misleading place for a breastfeeding mother. Balanced Breastfeeding gives you a place to learn simple, implementable lessons about breastfeeding in a way that is not overwhelming, while also building a community with like-minded women, all under the guidance of a skilled, seasoned Board Certified Lactation Consultant—me!