Preparing for your Lactation Appointment:
1. Please arrive 15 minutes before your first appointment to complete paperwork. Be sure to bring your insurance card with you. If the baby has a different insurance than you and you have this card, bring it as well.
You can also complete necessary forms electronically prior to your arrival here: thebirthcenter.com/forms (complete forms listed under “Lactation Appointment Forms.” You do not need to print anything out. You can complete via phone/computer.
2. There will be two specialist copays collected at this visit. One is for you and one is for the baby.
3. You and your baby will each be charged according to your respective insurance plan. Contact your insurance company to see how the appointment will be covered. Details here: thebirthcenter.com/appointment.
4. If for any reason you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we require 24 hours notice. Many mamas need help with breastfeeding, so we need time to give your slot to another mama in need! Call us at 302-658-2229 ext. 4 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your appointment at least 24 hours prior.
5. Please bring the baby ready to eat and your breasts ready to feed. We will be completing a full measured breastfeeding session together, so we need a hungry baby. A good rule of thumb is to not pump or breastfeed within an hour or two before your scheduled appointment time.
6. Please bring the following:
- Yourself and your baby
- You are more than welcome to bring a support person with you. Two sets of ears are always better than one!
- Any feeding equipment that is necessary
inyour current situation. This may include your pump, your nipple shield, bottles, pumped breast milk, and/or formula.