Thanks for making a lactation appointment! Here are a few important things you need to know.
1. Please arrive 15 minutes before your first appointment to complete paperwork. Be sure to bring your insurance card with you. If the baby has a different insurance than you and you have this card, bring it as well.
2. There will be two specialist copays collected at this visit. One is for you and one is for the baby.
3. You and your baby will each be charged according to your respective insurance plan.
Please note: IF you have a high deductible plan and you or your baby have not yet met this deductible, you will be responsible for the full price of the visit.
Contact your insurance company to see how the appointment will be covered.
4. If for any reason you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we require 24 hours notice. Many mamas need help with breastfeeding, so we need time to give your slot to another mama in need! Call and speak to the receptionist to do this. Call 302-658-2229.
5. Please bring the baby and your breasts ready to feed. We will be completing a full measured breastfeeding session together, so we need a hungry baby. A good rule of thumb is to not pump or breastfeed within an hour or two before your scheduled appointment time.
6. Please bring the following:
- Yourself and your baby
- You are more than welcome to bring a support person with you. Two sets of ears are always better than one!
- Any feeding equipment that is necessary
inyour current situation. This may include your pump, your nipple shield, bottles, pre-expressed milk, and formula. We are going to do our best to get baby to breastfeed during our appointment, but if that doesn’t work out, baby needs a “Feeding Plan B.”