by Stacey Avila
Mama, Take Care.
February is a month of self care and love. I want to remind you that a good enough parent is more than enough.
Although we would love to keep our cool and stay collected every day, we are human and sometimes we are not the perfect parent. We are still good parents and sometimes that is good enough.
You need to be kinder to yourself. In the month of love, we will focus on mindfulness and rewinding in order to obtain “The Good Enough Parent.” Here are four tips for taking care of you:
- Soak in a bubble bath
- Cuddle up in a cozy spot with a book
- Buy fresh flowers
- Get a massage
- Have a DIY spa day at home
- Get your nails done
Connect with others
- Text or call a friend
- Write a letter to a loved one
- Go on a date with your partner
- Meet a friend for lunch or coffee
- Have a special date with your child
- Join a book club, mothers group or class and meet new people
- Volunteer or do a random act of kindness for someone
Move your body
- Go for a walk around the block
- Dance to your favorite song
- Play a game of cricket or soccer with the kids
- Have a dance party with the kids
- Water or tend to your garden
- Go for a bike ride
Nourish your mind and body
- Make yourself a delicious smoothie
- Stock up on healthy foods for the pantry
- Book that dentist or doctor appointment you’ve been delaying
- Go to bed early
- Go to a yoga class
- Cook a healthy homemade meal
- Write in a journal
One day a week focus on targeting at least one thing from each tip. I promise you will feel less overwhelmed and have more time to enjoy being a “good enough parent” with your children.
You are enough!
The Birth Center