Last week a mama asked for any advice experienced mamas had for pregnancy and labor on our private Facebook groups (email thebirthcenter@thebirthcenter if you would like to join). There were so many great responses, I thought it would be helpful to collect them and put them into one place for other mamas. So here are a number of things that our Birth Center Mamas recommend!
- Chiropractic Appointments
- Classes: Childbirth Full Series: Healthy Birth, Breastfeeding Class (and a Prenatal Lactation Appointment if you have a prenatal riskfactor), Hypnobirthing, Caring for Your Newborn, Childbirth Refresher, Childbirth Education for the Planned Hospital Birth
- Exercise: Yoga, Walking
- Pregnancy Pillow
- Birth Affirmations (bring them to labor too)
- Read Birth Stories
- Perineal Massage (see your handbook)
- Positive Mentality
- Get Maternity Pictures
- Doula (Birth Center doula services coming soon!)
- Birth Ball / Exercise Ball (use to bounce baby once he or she is here too!)
- Stay Hydrated!
- Placenta Encapsulation (Contact Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Birth Photography