by Barbara McAnany, HTCP, CPT, CHC, RYT
Remember that time driving in your car on a beautiful back road on a cool, clear summer day jamming to your favorite tunes and feeling, “wow, what a perfect day”? Then suddenly you hear this crackling sound coming through the airwaves and your song is lost in the noise! Bummer! Static just overtook your perfect vibe and your perfect day!
Just like when something has blocked your ability to hear your song, our energies can become congested and we feel “out of balance”, or “not quite myself today”. As something clutters the communication exchange in our radio frequency and we are no longer able to hear our song clearly; our own thoughts, actions and those of others affect us and cause blockages in our communication systems within our body. My definition of healing is an activity that increases communication between one’s body, mind, and spirit allowing one to move towards greater levels of self-acceptance, integration, and wholeness.
The human body is more than flesh, blood, and bones. There are also invisible subtle energies (human energy field, aura, and chakras). When these become clogged, our entire health is compromised. As we begin to understand that our health is in direct relationship with our mental, emotional, and physical energetic patterning; it becomes evident that we hold the power of health in our own hands!
As you begin to feel “out of sorts”, your Energy Healer comes to the rescue! Energy healing is an often-sought treatment for illness and imbalances that aren’t always easily explained. Healing Touch Practitioners use Energetic Healing Therapies to open, clear, and balance your energetic system.
Healing Touch is a gentle complimentary therapy that uses
The Top 5 Benefits of Healing Touch
- Healing Touch helps you feel calm,
grounded,and centered. This occurs because the techniques used by Healing Touch Practitioners allow your body to be in a deep state of relaxation (the relaxation response has been “turned on”) relieving stress, tension, and anxiety, letting go of worries. Our minds may then be open to new insights and ideas, providing clarity. Centering, grounding and attuning are the first steps in facilitating healing.
- Healing Touch allows the process of creating a healing environment around the client that creates and supports an energy shift to restore harmony and open the path for self-healing. The techniques used by the practitioner allow the body and mind to be in a relaxed state which triggers the body’s inner repairing mechanisms. Our body knows how to heal and repair itself. During a Healing Touch session, the brain releases neurochemicals that counteract the negative effects caused by stress and generate a chain reaction of beneficial physiological changes that promote body repair & healing. Healing is a sacred process.
- Healing Touch resets our “inner computer” so we can feel well again. Healing Touch is based on the premise that we have a subtle energy system whose balance is closely linked with health and well-being. Healing Touch techniques restore proper energy flow to make us feel
emotionally, mentally, and physically well. “I haven’t restedthat well for a long time” or “I feel like a new person” arecommonly heard comments from clients after a session. Self-care is empowering and supports health and healing.
- Offer specific techniques to deal with specific issues: Healing Touch stands out in the field of Energy Healing for its collection of techniques (over 35) designed to bring general balance and healing to both body and mind, or to target specific problems, bodily functions and organs. Examples include back and skeletal issues; lymphatic, nervous, or immune system issues; lymphatic, nervous, or immune system imbalances; headaches and lack of focus and concentration; general cleansing and detoxing; dealing with trauma, anxiety, stress, and depression; assisting the body while undergoing medical treatments like chemotherapy, radiation, and pre and post-surgery. Health and quality of life are affected by the health of the human energy system.
- Healing Touch can be trusted! It has wide acceptance and respect among the medical community and is offered in hospitals and clinics internationally. All Healing Touch practitioners must abide by a professional Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics. There is much-supported research which has been conducted in a wide variety of settings with
differingproblems and situations. The Healing Touch Program has recognized credentials and endorsements as a continuing education program.
Barbara is a Healing Touch Certified Practitioner coming from inner wisdom to be fully present to clients. As a Healing Touch Practitioner, “I’ve witnessed the positive aspects of a healing touch coupled with
Barbara sees new clients at The Birth Center on Fridays 10:30-2:30 pm, and at the Healing Room in her home Monday-Thursday and Saturdays. Call or text 302-507-1391 to schedule.
Visit her site for more information about the process of Healing Touch.