Excerpt from The Birth Center Client Manual
If you experience any of the following signs or symptoms, call the staff at TBC immediately:
- Bleeding that is more than just spotting
- Sudden, severe swelling—especially if noted in one leg only or if noted in the face and hands.
- An unusual headache—one that is not relieved easily or that is not related to tension, fatigue, or hunger. This applies particularly to women 28 weeks pregnant and beyond.
- Unusual spots in front of your eyes (not the normal dead cells or “black spots” we occasionally see floating inside our eyes).
- Abdominal pain or severe cramping.
- Fever of 100.4 or greater
- Any leaking fluid from the vagina.
- Any other symptoms that you are concerned about.
Never hesitate to call your midwife if you have a concern! You can reach us at 302-658-2229.