by Justine Deputy, RN, MSN
Early detection is the best way to fight breast cancer. Follow the recommendations below to ensure you are doing everything you can.
- Perform a self breast exam monthly. Learn how to perform a breast exam here.
- See your healthcare provider for an annual exam each year. Are you overdue for an appointment? Call The Birth Center now to schedule at 302-658-2229.
- If a mammogram is recommended by your OB/GYN, make sure to schedule the appointment and get the mammogram!
Lastly, make sure you are living a healthy lifestyle to reduce your risk of breast cancer! To maintain a healthy lifestyle:
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise regularly.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Do not smoke.
Interested in more information? The National Breast Cancer Foundation and the American Cancer Society have a wealth of information.