The Birth Center believes…
- Women have the right to seek care that is medically safe, that fits their lifestyle, and that recognizes and respects their individual, physical, spiritual, psychological, and economic needs.
- Women and their families have the right and responsibility to assume an active role in their own healthcare.
- Childbirth is a normal, healthy process. The role of the caregiver is to support and promote this normal process, while recognizing and dealing with any deviation from normal. Confidence in the normal process is promoted.
- The family is the cornerstone of the social structure; therefore, maternity care must support and promote family unity and development. Family members, including siblings, should have the opportunity to be involved in the childbearing experience. Family is defined by the client.
- Education is an essential part of quality healthcare. With knowledge freely exchanged, clients are encouraged to make informed choices about their healthcare.